We know 2021 continued to be a challenging year for so many of us, but as the year comes to a close, we wanted to share some of the great things that happened this year thanks to your support, and the exciting projects coming in 2022!
2021 saw amazing growth in so many of our programs!
- Philippines: 6 children home this year, and 14 waiting children currently matched with families!
- Bulgaria: 2 children home this year, and a sibling group of 5 just matched with a family!
- Colombia: 31 children home this year, and 24 currently matched with families!
- Dominican Republic: Our first 2 referrals of waiting children matched to families!
- Thailand: 4 families received pre-approval to adopt waiting children!
- Ecuador: Our first family to apply and join the program!
There are still so many children in need of families around the world. If you are considering adopting in 2022, don’t delay! Fill out the PAP form to connect with an adoption specialist.
Thanks to your generous giving, we were able to provide over $250,000 in humanitarian aid around the world:
- Sanitizer, masks, and test kits in Thailand
- Vitamins and educational toys in Ecuador
- Onesies, socks and underwear for kids in Colombia
- Clothing in the Dominican Republic
- Funding three child caregivers for a child care agency in the Philippines
- Providing ongoing support to children in China through MAA partnerships
- Building clean water stations for refugee families from Venezuela
- Providing counseling and post-permanency services for struggling adoptive families
We know 2022 will bring more hardship to vulnerable children and families around the world. Donate to MAA and designate your gift to Humanitarian Aid to help us be ready to meet needs as soon as they arise!
Many exciting new projects are in the works or returning for 2022:
- Children from Colombia will be coming for summer hosting in July
- We are opening an office in New York that will provide home study and post-placement services, with another state in the works!
- The continued expansion of our SWAN post-permanency services to families in Pennsylvania
- Travel to our partner countries to strengthen relationships and learn about children waiting for families
- We are exploring new countries for potential adoption programs!
We are so thankful for all of our families, friends and partners who support us in this crucial work. Please consider MAA in your end-of-year giving to help us continue to expand and support more children and families.